elcome to the HoustonEngine.com website! Houston Engine and Balancing Service is a full service machine shop that specializes in all aspects of performance racing engines. We have been building engines for over 30 years for many different types of race categories in NHRA and IHRA. We have earned a reputation for building some of the most reliable engines in the business. Add a lot of horsepower with that and you have exactly what you need to be competitive in any motorsport.
Soon you will be able to find all kinds of information in regards to our products, services, and most importantly our customers! We at Houston Engine & Balancing hope you will find the time to visit us many times. If you have any immediate ideas or suggestions for us, please direct all this correspondence to HE&B owner Tommy Costales.
- Shannon Brinkley: IHRA (Super Rod) State Capitol Raceway - Day 2 Div. 4 Winner 2014
- Shannon Brinkley: IHRA (Quick Rod) State Capitol Raceway - Day 1 Div. 4 Winner 2014
- Shannon Brinkley: IHRA (Super Rod) State Capitol Raceway - Day 1 Div. 4 Winner 2014
- Bart Nelson: Memphis $25K Showdown (Box) Runner-Up April 5, 2014
- Stephen Hughes: Pine Valley Raceway $2K (Box) Winner Mar 30, 2014
- Jason Patterson: Pine Valley Raceway $1K (No Box) Winner Mar 30, 2014
- Matt Exner: Pine Valley Raceway $1K (No Box) Runner-Up Mar 30, 2014
- Daryl Patton: Pine Valley Raceway $5K (32 Box Shootout) Winner Mar 29, 2014
- Bart Nelson: Mini Millions Drag Racing Series $20K (Triple 20's) Winner Mar 27, 2014
- Tommy Costales: O'Reilly E.T. Bracket Racing Series (Super Pro) Winner Feb 16, 2014
- Chris LeBlanc: O'Reilly E.T. Bracket Racing Series (Super Pro) Runner-Up Feb 16, 2014
- Van Arnold: O'Reilly E.T. Bracket Racing Series (Super Pro) Semi-Finalist Feb 16, 2014
- Travis Parten: O'Reilly E.T. Bracket Racing Series (Super Pro) Semi-Finalist Feb 16, 2014
- Hunter Patton: O'Reilly E.T. Bracket Racing Series (Super Pro) Runner-Up Feb 15, 2014
- Bart Nelson: No Problem Raceway (Gambler) Runner-Up Feb 8, 2014
- Ray Dew: NHRA (Super Street) Division 4 Champion 2013
- Hunter Patton: Royal Purple Raceway (Super Pro) Track Champion 2013
March 30th, 2014
This race weekend was a big opportunity for big money; Houston Engine and Balancing Service customers had claims to over $28,000 in combined cash winnings. The bulk of these winnings were brought home by Bart Nelson with his powerful win in the first Mini Millions Drag Racing Series Triple 20’s race in Montgomery, Alabama. Houston Engine and Balancing also had multiple winners at Pine Valley Raceway’s “Spring Cha-Ching” race. Daryl Patton started things off with a win Saturday night in the 32 Box Shootout followed by Sunday’s Box and No Box winners Stephen Hughes and Jason Patterson.
February 16th, 2014
Houston Engine and Balancing Service’s customers dominated the semi-final round field at Royal Purple Raceway this Sunday. It was Houston Engine and Balancing Service owner, Tommy Costales, who took the win over longtime family friend Chris LeBlanc with a perfect light and a 4 thousandths package. Van Arnold and Travis Parten were also part of the Houston Engine late round customers. These wins increase Houston Engine and Balancing Service’s opportunity to add to an 8 year consecutive Royal Purple Raceway Track Championship.
February 15th, 2014
Hunter Patton finished with a strong runner-up this Saturday in an early effort to defend his 2013 Royal Purple Raceway Track Championship. This race placed him within one point of the current point’s Leader. The Patton family has been trading track Championships for the last three years with Daryl claiming 2012 and Derrick claiming 2011. The 2011 year was especially good to Derrick and the Patton family when Derrick went on to claim a historic Summit Racing Series Race of Champions competition. There is no doubt the Patton family will remain in contention for the championship for all of 2014.
2013 News Archive...
2012 News Archive...
2011 News Archive...
2010 News Archive...
2009 News Archive...
2008 News Archive...
2007 News Archive...
2006 News Archive...
2005 News Archive...
2004 News Archive...
Houston Engine & Balancing Service
1615 Shaver St.
Pasadena, Texas 77502
Office: (713) 472-7116
Monday through Friday
8:30 am to 5:30 pm
|Copyright © 2004 - 2014 Houston Engine and Balancing Service. All rights reserved.